Hey, “Today Show” — I’ll see your Skydiving Grandmother:
- How about a group of skydivers — all over the age of 60 — freefalling into the world record books.
- Maybe you’d be interested in the story of Joe Kittinger, the first man in space. Before the space program.
- Doug Garr is one of the most well-known and well-respected writers in America. And, oh yeah — he’s pretty extreme.
- Heck, former President George H.W. Bush proves that “Old Guys Can Still Do Stuff.“
- Violet (from the “Today Show” story) would even be able to tandem skydive if not for this guy. Did we mention he’s also a pilot, adventurer and super-cool dude?
- Harriet Shepard blows Violet out of the water. This 94-year-old not only tried skydiving — she did it with her great-granddaughter!
- Chet Poland jumped (and jumped and jumped) into his 90s and proved that passion is ageless.
- Bernadette Pace doesn’t skydive, but she does fly through the air with the greatest of ease…on the trapeze.
That’s just a taste of the stories you can watch, share and enjoy — for free — on GrowingBolder.com, our social networking Web site for 50+ active lifestyle men and women. And the really cool part?
Extreme is just one of the channels we offer to help navigate through the thousands of videos, radio interviews, television show epsiodes, articles and more. So if you are into art? There’s a channel for you. Maybe you want to meet people who own their own businesses? There’s a channel for you.
So tell us — who inspires you? How are you taking the message that “it’s not about age, it’s about attitude” and applying it to your own life?
(BTW — I’m pretty inspired by Bill Booth, the man who invented the tandem parachute. He helped me overcome my fear of flying in small planes with a gorgeous ride in his flying boat!)